Thursday, September 15, 2011

I weigh in on weight loss.... (for this week anyway)


Happy... yes...228.2! from 230.6 that is over 2 pounds!  The best part is I know I did it the right way!  I have realized that I will do this finally. I know that I am comfortable with the beginning pace, I am not all crazy (like I usually do) and dropping like 5 lbs then getting upset when it comes back. I know that I must sllllooowwwly reset my "set point" (more information about a set point later).  I am excited because I know part of the weight I am carrying is GONE.  I set a goal, to lose 2 lbs this week and I did it.  I know that 2 lbs a week for a year is probably not a reality but IF I did lose 2 lbs a week that would seriously put me at 126 in a year-- the best part...that is TOO thin for me!  SO as I consider the possibility that I really could complete my weight loss in under a year and switch to weight management.. that is exciting. I have never sat down and though about it, but a year that isn't very long and reality I have completed week ONE So, that leave 51 weeks to go. THAT's NOT that long!  Where will I be on 15 Sept 2012?  I will be in WEIGHT MANAGEMENT!  SO that is why I have a happy face!  I am excited at what is going to happen over the next year.

Well my stomach seems to think waiting an extra hour to eat is a BAAAD idea, and I must admit, I agree. I just wanted to be sure to get my post up this morning-- OH and guess what... I have a piano lesson tonight at 6 pm!  SO yeah, totally stoked about that!  I will need to probably find a day that I can do it earlier becuase I have to be careful about losing balance. I do that super easy and I already feel like I am letting Dave down because school is taking so much time. THE good thing--I have managed to NOT miss picking kids up and have on the weekends not been SOOO consumed with homework that I fail my family.  I am still working on some stuff from my Bible Study and hope that I will be finding better balance on the work end of life here this weekend (of course I set my mind to that and it will happen... fill the time with stuff that is productive I keep reminding myself.  MAKE that list)  OK well I am going to go and eat, and then get to that "list" so I can spend a few hours learning about what Dave needs from me for the filing.  I really want to just remove that burden from him... I know he is being so kind and not pushing me but I really need him to know, HE MY PRIORTY to me... I just sometimes don't make him feel that way!  SO I am determined to SHOW him that HE MY PRIORTY! 

Cycling tonight for sure... the weather has turned and I am hoping soon to have Saturday "long" trips again.  I sooo loved those. Another subject for another day!
Blessings
e

No comments:

Post a Comment